Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Meet Kitty & Bear Bear!






I would like you to meet two of my newest creations, Kitty and Bear Bear. They are best friends and they love cuddlin'! I created them for my daughter because one of my favorite toys growing up was a fabric doll that a dear aunt of mine made for me. Her name was Priscilla and she was so soft and cuddly. I do not know how many nights I went to sleep with Priscilla.






I have lots and lots of fabric left over from projects and these are great for my critter projects. They have embroidered faces so I don't have to worry about my 20-month-old ripping any buttons off and choking on anything. I designed their clothing out of more soft, toddler-friendly materials- Fleece, felt, and chenille. They are also the perfect side and width for carrying around and snuggling. I have had so much fun making Kitty and Bear Bear I'm thinking of adding some to my etsy shop, possibly themed critters... I have to think about it!


Also check out my birdie earrings that I made for myself. I know there isn't a lot to them but I like them. And it isn't often that I make something just to keep. I think maybe I need to do that more often. The necklace is from my new line of photography pendants. It's a nature photograph that I took and then baked it on translucent polymer clay. :)

No comments: