Thursday, July 31, 2008

Songs about Girls Named "Jenny"


My favorite at the moment. Especially "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine" by the Killers and "Jenny and the Ess Dog" by Stephen Malkmus. But why aren't there any awesome songs about girls named Ashley? We're rad too. I mean, some of us are. And with the amount of girls that are named Ashley you would think that one of us had inspired a really great song by now.

For instance, I was going through my old myspace blog posts and one post from October '06 said, "Well I've never been much of an optimist, but today I'm going to focus on the positives.
Like, they can't eat me. Unless of course, "they" are cannibals, in which case I would probably make a pretty good meal. No, I would make a darn good meal. I would like to think I would be served with a side of potatoes and a dry red wine.
Ok, that isn't where I was going with this. Oh well. Pass the potatoes."

If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.


Enjoy the vid-aae-oes. Oh come on oh come on.

2 comments:

Tasha Early said...

...oh come on, now!

The Killers (mostly Brandon Flowers) = my weakness.

sigh.

rocknrollmcmama said...

hey, me too! *double sigh*